Friday, March 16, 2007
INTRO......
Well my name is Frankie and I’m studying a BA of Journalism which requires me to complete this particular course. Basically I am studying Journalism as I am aiming to work as a music journalist someday... which would require me to be a music enthusiast… Which I am. I am 20 years old and living on the Gold Coast, not the best place to be if you want to be right in the middle of the Australian music scene. My particular interest in music is indie alternative bands from all over the world especially the U.K., the U.S. and obviously good old Australia which is starting to provide the rest of the world with some exciting and interesting new artists. I guess the way that this particular course relates to my particular interest is the use of communication websites such as MySpace which give new and upcoming music artists to expose themselves to the public which allows the public to hear and comment about music they like. You can’t go walking ten metres without hearing someone mention MySpace (Whether they like to admit it or not). It has grown into such a widely used website by people all over the globe to meet, communicate and share their life and interests with others. Music Journalism is something that I have followed from a young age and I knew since I was at least 12 years old and buying the latest issue of Rolling Stone that writing and talking about music is what I wanted to do with my life. I hope that in doing this course it will allow me to understand the importance of new technologies and how they are helping each individual person in this world in someway or another. In my blog entries I am going to aim to write about the popular MySpace website and how it relates to Music Journalism. Anyways til next week…. Cya.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment